Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Mobile Baby, Two is Hard.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014
It's official. Avery is mobile. I both love and hate this.

I love it because it is adorable and so much fun to watch her explore.

I hate this because it means she is getting bigger. And I have once again realized how unsafe my house is. It's crazy how you have to baby proof for each age. I feel like it's on-going process.

Avery has always been a mommies girl and her being mobile only reiterates this. She attempts to follow me through the house like a puppy and whines if I walk too fast away from her. She's adorable.

Haylee is trying to be a little mommy and it's honestly so ANNOYING! It's cute some of the time but she insists on determining on what is and isn't OK for Avery to play with. She is yelling at Avery constantly telling her no. I'm still trying to figure out how to stop this.  I am constantly telling her I'm the Mommy and while I appreciate her help, she needs to ask me and come to me first before she takes something away from Avery.

I'm convinced I'm never having a clean house again. Avery attacks and pulls out anything low to the ground and Haylee climbs and get anything out of reach. It's like they are a team conspiring against me to make it so I have to constantly clean.

I've resorted to living in a messy house and cleaning once they go to bed so Lance and I can enjoy a few hours of peace in a clean home.

I won't even start talking about bedtime with Haylee. I'll sum up our experience with one word. Nightmare.

Having two kids going in two different directions is hard. And having a two year old is plain exhausting.

But, I love it.

2 comments:

  1. TWO IS SO HARD! Luc has started telling me to go to time out when he's mad about something i won't let him have/do. It's super fun! NOT. And my house is a constant disaster, and baby sister isn't even here yet. it's only going to get worse. I clean after bedtime too, it's the only time you can get anything done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds very familiar. (The sibling control, the mess, the bedtime.) I feel for you. Just keep plugging along and remember that it won't be like this forever. Things go in cycles for us. Currently, both kids sleep through the night really well, but Chloe takes FOREVER to wind down at night. Just yesterday I had to have a talk with Chloe about who is in charge of Cache, because she seems to think it's her and that she can do everything from determine what he plays with, to sending him to time-out (which he does, haha!). The mess? Can't help you there. This is probably my most constant struggle and stress since becoming a mom. My solution is generally to pretend it's not there and clean when my mom comes over. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Life Through Brown's Eyes © 2014