Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Meet Avery

Tuesday, December 2, 2014
This post is 6 months in the making....seriously I've been terrible and just plain lazy about blogging.

On May 13, 2014 we were blessed to welcome another perfect little girl into our family. We named her Avery Lee Brown.  She weighed 8 lbs 2 ounces was 20 inches long and was born at 5:30 pm

About her Name:
When we went into the hospital we had two names that we couldn't decide on. She was either going to be Avery or Leah. We loved both names but when we saw her we knew she was an Avery. Her middle name has family meaning on both sides. My sisters middle name is Lee and Lance's older brother who passed away was named Lee. So we named her after both of them. Looking back on it I wish we went with Leah because we didn't realize how close Avery and Haylee are when you are actually saying them out-loud. We end up calling her "Havery" most of the time. But Avery fits her perfectly.

About the birth:
Once again, I was ecstatic to say that this was quite uneventful just like Haylee's birth. I went in to the doctors for my 40 week check up (on my due date). I was dilated to a 3 so he gave me the choice of getting induced or waiting it out. After going 9 days late with Haylee I figured I would most likely need to get induced any way so I opted to getting induced that day.
It was quite strange going in for a check-up then having him ask "Can you be back here in 3 hours to have a baby?" I was freaking out.
Luckily we had out bags packed so we were all ready. So we went out for lunch to waste time before I needed to be back.
We got to hospital, they got me a room and a gown, then came in to start the IV. Oh, how I love Logan Regional. When I had Haylee honestly the IV was the worst part. So when the nurse came in with a small needle to inject numbing medicine before she did the IV I was ecstatic. They started the Pitocin and once again my body handled it perfectly. I was on the pitocin for about 4 hours and having regular contractions that I couldn't feel but were strong according to the machine. They decided they wanted to break my water to speed things up. When I had Haylee I let them break my water before I got the epidural but with Avery I asked for epidural before they broke my water. So I got the epidural before I felt any pain, they came in broke my water. 30 minutes later she came to check, I was at 10. The doctor came in and 3 pushes later Avery was born. It was calm, painless, and we got to joke around and hang out during the whole process.

About Avery:
Avery is now 6 months old and is seriously such a joy. She has been sleeping through the night since about 6 weeks old, and she LOVES to eat.
She is the happiest baby, you can just look at her and she will be grinning at you as big as she can. She adores Haylee and laughs so hard and anything Haylee does. I cannot wait to watch them play when they get older. She loves playing with toys and making her bubble noises.
She is all rolls, seriously this girl is a chunk. Her and Haylee are in the same size diapers and Avery is already wearing 12 month clothes.
She still has so much hair, she never really lost it and it is still as dark as can be.
Seriously I love this girl so much.



1 comment:

Life Through Brown's Eyes © 2014