Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Crock-Pot Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken

Saturday, January 5, 2013
For my "family" New Year's goal I decided I am going to try at least one new recipe each week. Hopefully these will be healthy but the main purpose is to get me out of my habit of cooking the same things over, and over again.

I love cooking and by doing this it will help me expand my cooking abilities and make it easier to decide what we are having for dinner because I will have much more options other than BBQ Chicken.

I had a few people ask me if I will post the recipes I try and let them know if they are good or not so that they can expand their recipes as well.

So to start things off, tonight's dinner was Crock-Pot Brown Sugar and Garlic chicken served over rice.

It was delicious! To get the recipe you can go here: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/07/slow-cooker-garlic-and-brown-sugar.html

I used white distilled vinegar and I added about a teaspoon of red pepper flakes in with the sauce while it cooked as well as sprinkled it on top after. We love spicy foods so I would hold off on adding it until after if you don't like it too hot.

This will definitely go into my rotation of dinners. It was super easy and tasty. Plus who doesn't love a good crock-pot put it in and forget-it meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Through Brown's Eyes © 2014